Multiscale Biomimetics & Manufacturing Lab
Elucidating the underlying principles of natural systems will enable us to develop more reliable, efficient and environment-friendly biomimetic systems with advanced performances.
MBM Lab is focused on the study of mechanics of macro/micro/nanoscale components in nature using fundamental principles of Mechanical Engineering, and apply them to the development of bio-inspired functional structures, devices and systems with innovative multiscale manufacturing techniques.
1. Multiscale Fabrication and Precision Manufacturing:
- Nano/Microscale: nanoimprint, soft lithography, rigiflex lithography, capillary force lithography.
– Meso/Macroscale: replica molding, rapid-prototyping, CNC, 3D-printing.
- Precise handling and transportation of delicate substrates (e.g., wafer and glass).
- Frictional and Adhesive Pads for diverse daily life and industrial applications
2. Bio-Inspired Structures, Materials and Systems:
3. BioMEMS and Biomedical Devices:
4. Nano-Bio Interface: